Ashley's Best Week Ever!

BEST WEEK EVER! Seriously, I had an amazing time. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. This trip helped me gain a new perspective not only other cultures (specifically in Belize), but on life in general. On this trip, I felt small. Not in a low self esteem way, but I finally realized that there is so much more to the rest of the world and to living. Louisville can seem pretty small at times. Visiting Belize helped me realize I’m not as significant in the grand scheme of things as I might have once thought.  


I’ve learned to appreciate other cultures. Just because people don’t live the way we live in America, doesn’t mean they aren’t happy or that they’re under privileged. People live in a tremendous amount of ways and its important to understand it before one makes any assumptions. We all have strengths and we all have weaknesses. Building off of each other, the locals and the ISLP group, can create some stunning work and a beautiful experience.


I’ve learned to take things as they come, don’t anticipate anything and don’t worry. Things will be as they are meant to be. Worrying does not change a single thing. Don’t be selfish and don’t continuously put yourself first. Appreciate where you come from and where others come from. Together we make up this crazy little planet in space.


              There was a huge pit in my stomach after we landed back in the states from our trip to Belize. I didn’t want to leave all my new friends that made me pee from laughing too hard. I also just had one of the coolest experiences of my life and was not looking forward to facing the week ahead. I swear to you, I have never, ever laughed as hard and as consistently as I did on this trip. I came back with a six-pack of abs. I met amazing people and had the time of my life. More importantly, this trip has given me a new perspective on life that will indeed make me a well rounded and smarter woman.



-Ashley
(All pictures are mine, Carson Tilley's, or Erika Doll's)

Comments

Popular Posts