It’s about that time. 
It’s about time for the University of Louisville to take on Belize. After weeks of preparation, students from the university’s Criminal Justice, Communication, Nursing, Dental, and Law programs can’t get to the airport soon enough.
Not only are we looking forward to sandy beaches and clear waters after months of cold weather and school work, but we are also looking forward to giving back to our Central American hosts. For three days, we will be teaching local high students about topics relating to our respective disciplines. I for one am really looking forward to it, as I’ve always enjoyed working with kids. I am also looking forward to getting to know UofL students who otherwise I would probably never get the chance to meet. At times, in the Law school it can sort of feel like you are quarantined off from the rest of campus, so getting to know these students from other programs will be really cool.
 I do have to give a shout out to the crew from the Law school though. I am the only second-year, traveling with five third-years to Belize for a week, most of whom I barely knew prior to this program. This is probably the most stressful semester of their academic career, as the infamous Bar exam is right around the corner. Despite that, their upbeat attitude and sense of humor has been awesome while we’ve prepared for this trip. I’m certain that Belize will be just what the doctor ordered for them, and will help get them across the finish line. Bring on the Sun!
-Tom Leonard - Law - Belize 2018



Comments

Popular Posts