Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Whitney Nash


  

Who or what encouraged you to join ISLP?
I have always loved to travel. Ever since I went to Mexico with the Spanish club in high school, I have had the travel bug. I was fortunate that Dr. Marianne Hutti encouraged me to apply for the Belize program as a PhD student in 2005 and the rest is history.


When did you join ISLP?
2006 as a faculty


How many ISL programs have your participated in?
Belize: 13 (I did my PhD dissertation there).
Croatia: 2
Philippines: 1
Botswana: 2
Ghana: 1

















What is one of your favorite memories from the trips?
Really every trip is different, but I love getting to know the students and learning about different cultures directly from the people who live in the countries we visit.

Any advice for students interested in ISLP?
Travel as a student...it is the best time in your life to do it. Don't let money stop you. Be creative and make it happen!


What's your travel tip? 
Get off your phone and look around. Talk to EVERYONE!

Is there a quote or saying you live by? 
Trust your gut. It is usually right.


What was the last emoji you used?
The heart. I was thanking everyone for my birthday wishes.

What would we be surprised to find out about you?
I have eaten some really disgusting things like caterpillars (not surprising)...but banana's make me cringe and shutter.


What's the best piece of travel advice you've received or would like to share? 
Under pack...except underwear.

What place is top of your bucket list?  
Antarctica. I have been to every continent except that one.


Comments

Popular Posts