Melinda's Story

Hello!
My name is Melinda Dolack and I am a Family Nurse Practitioner student in my last semester at        U of L  I will graduate in May. Belize is my 2nd study abroad opportunity since I have been at          U of L Masters. I am quite blessed to be surrounded by such a diverse crowd of students and faculty. Although we are all from the many disciplines at U of L (Justice Administration, Communications, Dental and Nursing), we all interact like we are the best of friends. We have already traveled countless miles sightseeing the Belize countryside, explored the 5000 year old Mayan ruins, spent the day on a private island, snorkeled the beautiful reefs, and hours of laughing and card playing. Our mission in Belize is to teach the children--health, first aid, communication skills, an anti-bullying campaign while the dentals students assist with extractions and fillings.
 As diverse all of our backgrounds are, we have all come together for the kids of Belize. I know this will be a week I will never forget.

Comments

Popular Posts