Day 2 in Cebu!

I don't think my body has fully adjusted to the 13 time change, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying this amazing place! We arrived to the Hilton yesterday just before midnight and enjoyed a buffett before we all (tried) to get some sleep. I can't out into words how delicious the food here in Cebu is some of the best food I have ever had! Everything is so full of flavor and I have never had fruit fresher than it is here.
Today was our second day here. We had the entire day to ourselves, relax, and hang out together. When we woke up it was raining, but by the time we had finished breakfast the rain had stopped and we were able to enjoy the beach. It did not take long for any of us to get the ocean to swim and snorkel. The water is so warm and clear, snorkeling was incredible. We some gorgeous and exotic fish, and we're pretty sure we saw either and eel or sea snake. The weather stay nice all afternoon until we dinner time. Due to the rain, we moved our dinner inside. Near the of our dinner we were entertained by an amazing local dance group that put on a great show for all of us. They showed us some of their native dances- their costumes, music, and dance were all equally beautiful and made for an astonishing show. They managed to get nearly all of us up to join in on the dancing, even Beth showed off her moves! And, yes, I got it all on the Card Cam! We depart at noon tomorrow for the Ford's Inn where we will be staying while working in the schools. Although I miss my family and friends, having my sister here has made this experience a thousand times more special and I can't wait to see what else Cebu has to offer. So far the experience has been truly incredible!!

-Lauren Hendricks, Comm Team

Comments

Popular Posts