First Day in the Schools

Today is our first day in the schools. I'm not really sure what to expect so far. I got a little taste of what it's going to be like at the school's by helping up the dental clinic yesterday at Paril. It was very interesting. Many of these children don't have much at home and there were about 50 hanging out at the school on a Sunday. They were doing so much in preparation for UofL visiting their school. They made special signs welcoming us and were sweeping out their classrooms. The children seemed very shy but I don't expect it to stay that way. Today I will be traveling to Banilad with some members from the communication team, Melissa and Justin, some from education, Leslie, and Amanda and I from Justice Administration. Our school is located in the city just a few short blocks away. It will be an interesting day and I am both excited and nervous!!
-Kara Keeton, J.A.

Comments

Popular Posts