Saturday, March 12, 2011

First Few Days in Belize

Well Friday was interesting day to say the least; getting to the airport at 4am with no sleep was a hassle but I made it. After an hour of sleep on the plane we arrived in Atlanta and I was walking through the airport like a zombie. We started to load the Tran and low and behold the door shut right when I was walking through and my backpack got stuck in the door! After my life flashed before my eyes the doors opened and I was let in safely, thank goodness. After waiting in the airport for a little bit we loaded the plane and I fell right asleep. Once we landed in Belize I was so excited that I didn’t pay attention to any of the signs. I pulled out my camera and took a picture of the sign that said Belize Airport and all of a sudden someone was snatching my camera out of my hands! Apparently you aren’t allowed to take pictures in customs and I had to do it in front of the most power-hungry police officer there. Scared to death that I was already losing my camera within 5 minutes of being there, I ran to Doctor Foster in tears. We finally got the man in a room to talk about it and he was extremely rude to us, BUT I did get my camera back. Unfortunately Emma’s camera was taken away too but no worries, she got hers back also. After all of this happened I was a little shaken up but we were able to move on and have a good time. For lunch we stopped at a place called Santorini’s which was amazing! They had wonderful food and surprisingly I tried some of everything and loved it. Later we arrived at our hotel for an evening of relaxation and a wonderful dinner with great friends. I do miss everyone at home but I am having the time of my life and I have already taken TONS of pictures. I can’t wait to get to the schools and work with the children and I especially can’t wait to help the dental students and take a trip to the Jail in Hattieville. I love everyone and will talk to you soon!

Beverly Bryant
Communications Student

No comments:

Post a Comment