Monday, March 14, 2011

First Work Day in Independence

Today went well, we went to the schools for the first time today and it went pretty good for the most part. We hit a few bumps and definitely didn't get through everything I wanted to but I think the children really enjoyed themselves. The kids here are so cute and so amazingly sweet! They are very fast learners and every child I taught was very well behaved. It was an eye opening experience though to hear some of the children and the answers they give. A lot of them make me think they have been beaten or sexually abused which is so sad but unfortunately there is nothing we can do. On a happier note, I loved getting the pictures of all the kids and they loved seeing them. I wish we could go back and see them again but we are onto the next school tomorrow. I am having a great time and eating lots of great food. I love and miss you all and can't wait to see you!

Beverly Bryant
Communication Student

No comments:

Post a Comment