First Work Day in Independence

Today went well, we went to the schools for the first time today and it went pretty good for the most part. We hit a few bumps and definitely didn't get through everything I wanted to but I think the children really enjoyed themselves. The kids here are so cute and so amazingly sweet! They are very fast learners and every child I taught was very well behaved. It was an eye opening experience though to hear some of the children and the answers they give. A lot of them make me think they have been beaten or sexually abused which is so sad but unfortunately there is nothing we can do. On a happier note, I loved getting the pictures of all the kids and they loved seeing them. I wish we could go back and see them again but we are onto the next school tomorrow. I am having a great time and eating lots of great food. I love and miss you all and can't wait to see you!

Beverly Bryant
Communication Student

Comments

Popular Posts