unBELIZEable!

This is my first time out of the country and all I can say is WOW!!! Belize is such a beautiful country with amazing people. The trip to the mayan ruins and the rain forest were gorgeous! We have already had two work days and I have taught 3 classes now. The kids are so unique and loving! They love their picture being taken and I feel like they really took a lot from our lessons. The day I went with the nurses into the homes of the villagers was really touching. Little chicks were running everywhere! The little they have they don't take for granted. The culture is something else! I am so happy I got to experience this and am looking forward to tomorrows work day in the dental clinic and my last class then the prison and the U.S. Embassy on Thursday! We also experienced Dangrigan dancers and drummers with dinner. So much to remember, but so much fun!

-Courtney Dixon, Justice Administration Senior

Comments

Popular Posts