Worlds Unseen

The wind was blowing through my hair and there was clear blue water all around me.  The sun beamed down on my untanned skin.   It felt like a dream.  A dream that was perfect. A dream that I had been waiting for days and weeks to come.   The boat moving majestically through the water as we were approaching the spot.  This was our spot to go snorkeling. 

As I gathered my fins, life jacket, and goggles this first time snorkeler took on the challenge.  I was ready yet unsure of what was to come.  I stepped to the edge of the boat and with a leap of faith jumped into the unknown waters. After adjusting my breathing to accompany the goggles and 'spout thingy' snorkeling became second nature.  I loved how I my body floated in the water insink with the waves and current.  As I looked down I could see the coralreef.

On first glance it appears to be a large mound of awkwardly shaped rocks in the middle of the ocean. These rock forms were really a foreign creature, the coralreef.  With a closer look you see there is a living community in live action.  It is the most beautiful ecosystem in the world.  There were striped fish, blue fish, yellow fish and fish that would amaze you with a second look. 

This are some things in life that can't mearly be experienced by reading a book or watching a movie.  The energy that moves through your body as you push yourself to new adventures is intoxicating.  I may never snorkel in 'the spot' again, but the memories with stay with me for a lifetime.

Christy Eubank, Communications

Comments

Popular Posts